A little striped field mouse.
With eyes so bright, like jewels.
Whiskers twitching, nose snuffling.
Pattering to and fro in search of food.
Unafraid, unaware of the eyes of the crowd, turned from the jumping horses to watch this delightfully inquisitive creature, right in their path.
Regardless of danger he scurries about.
Suddenly motionless, munching something unseen.
The pounding hooves of a horse.
A quick scuttle and he disappears into the earth.
The hoof beats grow faint.
Magically he appears from his hole, darts a disapproving look around and continues his feast, unconcerned, while the crowd involuntarily claps in appreciation.
- Why would you go on a cycling holiday to Albania? April 22, 2017
- Too much snorer in Albania April 22, 2017
- Trekking the Fjallraven Classic – Part 5: The Finish Line! January 21, 2017
- Trekking the Fjallraven Classic – Part 4: Pancakes! January 21, 2017
- Trekking the Fjallraven Classic – Part 3: the High Pass January 8, 2017